Table of Contents
Verint Community has the following seven out-of-the-box search engine optimization (SEO) capabilities:
- Telligent Community generates SEO-friendly URLs for blogs and wikis automatically.
- The generated URL can be customized to add relevant keywords.
- Keywords in such URLs have a high correlation with top rankings.
- Telligent Community automatically generates XML sitemaps that help Google crawl and discover content.
- Dynamic links that should not be followed are marked as such in their anchor tags with rel="nofollow". Example: tag clouds.
- Telligent Community ships with a prebuilt robots.txt file so that sections of the community that should not be indexed by a robot are marked appropriately.
- All content, including page navigation elements, has been designed to allow search engines to follow links - for example, breadcrumbs enable an indexer to move up in content that is in a parent/child structure (this can include deep nesting).
- Search engines use ALT text on images the way they use anchor text on hyperlinks to find relevancy.
- An ALT tag can be customized to add a relevant keyword.
- Telligent Community provides customers with nearly 100% of control over the way the HTML is generated in the page.
- Customers can add advanced features like canonical tags or rich snippets/microformats to pages if desired.