Best way to notify specific Users of content creation by related Users?

What would be the best way to notify Users with a specific profile field value when another User creates a new article/blog post?

For example, if I have 30 Users from the same company with a profile field value = CompanyA, I want to notify all 30 Users of CompanyA when one of their colleagues posts and article/blog.

Should I write a custom Automation? Should we write a custom Subscribe to Tag feature and subscribe Users to a specific article tag for CompanyA.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated?

Thanks

BIll

Parents
  • It is actually a knee jerk reaction that we have all had from our school days: The desire as an organisation to control who gets which message. Fundamentalists will put a member at the center and not their organisation. Granted, there are use cases, but it comes with the question: Why are people not subscribing to the content themselves. If that impediment cannot be lifted, then indeed, subscribe an audience to content.

My personal recommendation is to subscribe to the Digest, not to the Notification, and add a big button online and in the notification to unsubscribe

• It is actually a knee jerk reaction that we have all had from our school days: The desire as an organisation to control who gets which message. Fundamentalists will put a member at the center and not their organisation. Granted, there are use cases, but it comes with the question: Why are people not subscribing to the content themselves. If that impediment cannot be lifted, then indeed, subscribe an audience to content.

My personal recommendation is to subscribe to the Digest, not to the Notification, and add a big button online and in the notification to unsubscribe

Children
No Data