How can I find my draft blog posts?

Say you have a number of groups, and each of them has a blog application, and you create a draft blog in one of them.

Then you go away for a bit, come back, and you scratch your head and go "where was that blog post?"

Short of going through each application and trying to find the draft blog post, and assuming you don't have administrative rights to run an API query, or a database query, and you only have the user interface.

How do you find it?

Parents
  •   I agree with you on the difficult experience for users in finding these drafts. A majority of our blogs are written only by our employees, so I'm slightly less concerned about the look and feel (versus for content creation by our customers) but the same principles/challenges apply. To work around the challenges, I've done a few updates that aren't perfect, but better than nothing:

• I created a guide in our site help documentation for easy reference and so if someone searched for the words "blog draft," they'd come across this. You can see the wiki page for that here: https://sugarclub.sugarcrm.com/community-help/w/knowledge-base/327/how-to-find-a-blog-post-draft
    • I updated our "Blog - Create/Edit Post" widget sitewide so as to make it more direct and intuitive, only showing the fields that are most relevant to our use cases in the Write tab, and moving everything else to the Advanced Options tab: 
    • I added a link below the Post & Save as Draft buttons to the aforementioned wiki page so people could more easily find it during the process of writing the draft (awareness that it exists is better than nothing) 
    • started work on a contextual way to get to the draft menu, but I didn't finish and had to put the work aside for a little while. In these two images, the highlighted text leads to the flyout menu :

• If you want to try it out, the code is:
        <!DOCTYPE html>
        <html>
        <body>

<p>After clicking "Save as Draft", click the link below to see additional options about your draft, including how to view the unpublished version:
        </p>
        <p id="currentpage"></p>

<script>
        document.getElementById("currentpage").innerHTML = 
        window.location.href + "#_cptype=panel&_cpcontexttype=Application&_cppanelid={insert your panel ID here}&tab=notpublished";

</script>

</body>
        </html>
  •   I agree with you on the difficult experience for users in finding these drafts. A majority of our blogs are written only by our employees, so I'm slightly less concerned about the look and feel (versus for content creation by our customers) but the same principles/challenges apply. To work around the challenges, I've done a few updates that aren't perfect, but better than nothing:

• I created a guide in our site help documentation for easy reference and so if someone searched for the words "blog draft," they'd come across this. You can see the wiki page for that here: https://sugarclub.sugarcrm.com/community-help/w/knowledge-base/327/how-to-find-a-blog-post-draft
    • I updated our "Blog - Create/Edit Post" widget sitewide so as to make it more direct and intuitive, only showing the fields that are most relevant to our use cases in the Write tab, and moving everything else to the Advanced Options tab: 
    • I added a link below the Post & Save as Draft buttons to the aforementioned wiki page so people could more easily find it during the process of writing the draft (awareness that it exists is better than nothing) 
    • started work on a contextual way to get to the draft menu, but I didn't finish and had to put the work aside for a little while. In these two images, the highlighted text leads to the flyout menu :

• If you want to try it out, the code is:
        <!DOCTYPE html>
        <html>
        <body>

<p>After clicking "Save as Draft", click the link below to see additional options about your draft, including how to view the unpublished version:
        </p>
        <p id="currentpage"></p>

<script>
        document.getElementById("currentpage").innerHTML = 
        window.location.href + "#_cptype=panel&_cpcontexttype=Application&_cppanelid={insert your panel ID here}&tab=notpublished";

</script>

</body>
        </html>
Children
No Data