How can I find my draft blog posts?

Say you have a number of groups, and each of them has a blog application, and you create a draft blog in one of them.

Then you go away for a bit, come back, and you scratch your head and go "where was that blog post?"

Short of going through each application and trying to find the draft blog post, and assuming you don't have administrative rights to run an API query, or a database query, and you only have the user interface.

How do you find it?

Parents
  • Hi  

The easiest way that I have found to get back to it is by saving the Blog Draft URL. You can get this URL while you are creating the draft blog post and bookmark it in your browser bookmarks to easily get back to. The URL I usually find by: 

1. Click save as draft on the blog post

2. Once I get a message saying it was saved as a draft - from that same page I hover over the pencil icon

3. I click on manage blog

4. I click posts

5. I see my draft at the top of the list and under the unpublished tab

6. I click on it and then right click on view and save that URL which will bring me back to that draft.

• The easiest way that I have found to get back to it is by saving the Blog Draft URL

Unfortunately, that's the problem for a lot of users, they don't know to do that ahead of time.

I have the time to get lost around the site and be forced to use the site because we do, but members of the public don't, and by the time I need to go back and tell them "oh you should have..." they've already decided it's 3 steps more than they've had to do on other sites and they leave.

You can get this URL while you are creating the draft blog post and bookmark it in your browser bookmarks to easily get back to. The URL I usually find by: 

Thanks for taking the time to lay out steps.

Ultimately for the element14 Community where we use verint v12, we have a lot of groups, and members need to somehow know that they have to go into the group, and then into the application, and then open the pencil, and then look to blog posts, and then click unpublished to find the draft blog posts.

As opposed to on Jive, they went to their user profile, and looked at 'my content' and could see their blogs, and blogs that were in draft, regardless of what group they're in.

So many steps down the navigation tree, fatigues our users terribly.

• The easiest way that I have found to get back to it is by saving the Blog Draft URL

Unfortunately, that's the problem for a lot of users, they don't know to do that ahead of time.

I have the time to get lost around the site and be forced to use the site because we do, but members of the public don't, and by the time I need to go back and tell them "oh you should have..." they've already decided it's 3 steps more than they've had to do on other sites and they leave.

You can get this URL while you are creating the draft blog post and bookmark it in your browser bookmarks to easily get back to. The URL I usually find by: 

Thanks for taking the time to lay out steps.

Ultimately for the element14 Community where we use verint v12, we have a lot of groups, and members need to somehow know that they have to go into the group, and then into the application, and then open the pencil, and then look to blog posts, and then click unpublished to find the draft blog posts.

As opposed to on Jive, they went to their user profile, and looked at 'my content' and could see their blogs, and blogs that were in draft, regardless of what group they're in.

So many steps down the navigation tree, fatigues our users terribly.

Children
No Data