How do you prioritise the order of a widget when it's being shown 'only in single column mode' ?

I'm editing the layout of a page in v11 of verint.

I have a bunch of widgets on a group page.

I want to specify the order of the widgets, but due to the nature of one of the widgets not being suitable for mobile responsive view, aka single column mode, I need to have two widgets showing the same thing, but one setup for mobile view, and one not (let's go with this rather than designing one widget to be suitable for both views for now)

On the widget, I can only choose one of these options:

Either it's only shown in single column mode, hidden in single column mode, or it's 'always shown, priority x in single column mode'

The problem is, I want:

'Only shown in single column mode, priority 1 in single column mode'

Because otherwise, when it's 'only shown in single column mode' everything else set with a priority takes... well, priority, but the equivalent widget for this 'single column mode' widget, in non single column mode, is at the top of the page, but this, still gets dumped to the bottom.

What're my options?

Parents
  • I doubt this would be a scalable solution for you  given the percentage of mobile traffic you get times however many groups you have, but I'll throw it out there in case it helps others or triggers some inspiration.

We have very little mobile traffic, so going out of my way to focus on the mobile theme has not been a huge priority. However, there was recently a project that, due to its nature, my team assumed there would be much more mobile traffic compared to the rest of the site. This project involved creating a custom theme page on our site, but the content is not dynamic (there isn't a forum or blog list, etc.) Given the widgets I used to create this, the page looked awful on mobile. To resolve this, I ended up creating a separate widget set to "Only Show in Single Column mode" and set all the "desktop friendly" versions to "Hidden in Single Column Mode." I then re-created the content and style in a mobile-friendly way on the Single Column Generic Content widget using the normal WYSIWIG editor. The biggest downside is that if my team and I edit the page at all, I have to make the change twice. 

You can see the page here if you'd like to review it:  https://sugarclub.sugarcrm.com/p/raving_fans 

• I doubt this would be a scalable solution for you  given the percentage of mobile traffic you get times however many groups you have, but I'll throw it out there in case it helps others or triggers some inspiration.

We have very little mobile traffic, so going out of my way to focus on the mobile theme has not been a huge priority. However, there was recently a project that, due to its nature, my team assumed there would be much more mobile traffic compared to the rest of the site. This project involved creating a custom theme page on our site, but the content is not dynamic (there isn't a forum or blog list, etc.) Given the widgets I used to create this, the page looked awful on mobile. To resolve this, I ended up creating a separate widget set to "Only Show in Single Column mode" and set all the "desktop friendly" versions to "Hidden in Single Column Mode." I then re-created the content and style in a mobile-friendly way on the Single Column Generic Content widget using the normal WYSIWIG editor. The biggest downside is that if my team and I edit the page at all, I have to make the change twice. 

You can see the page here if you'd like to review it:  https://sugarclub.sugarcrm.com/p/raving_fans 

Children
  • I ended up creating a separate widget set to "Only Show in Single Column mode" and set all the "desktop friendly" versions to "Hidden in Single Column Mode." 

The problem is that when you have even a set of widgets to 'only show in single column mode' you cannot change the priority layout of those widgets.

So you cannot control what people see in what order, which leads to a confusing experience.

If I understand what you're saying here, it's what we're already doing, which is creating single column mode specific widgets, and hiding others that are not single column mode appropriate? but that still runs afoul of not being able to prioritise the order of those widgets.