How do I change the default set of Group permissions for Owners, Managers and Members

How do I have SYSTEM WIDE change the permission schema for Owners, Manager and Member?

I know there is an override to the default possible but it is a tedious operation having to do this for every permission setting

The use case is: I have a community where owners permissions need to be reduced to manager role.

Though your reaction is: Why do you not assign manager role to them? The system also has other hard wires to the owner role that are needed for this owner- role.

I just need to take away on system level owner permissions instead of having to deselect it every time I create one of hundreds of groups.

Parents Reply
  • Sorry, you're losing me. If I don't list the existing permissions of a new group, I won't know the PermissionId I'm adjusting via .Set 

E.g.

$core_v3_permission.Set($isAllowed, $roleId, $permissionId, "%{ ApplicationId = $applicationId, GroupId = $groupId }"))

$roleId is fine.. I've got that for 'Member'
    $permissionId isn't known (I'd need to list permissions for an application to get this, wouldn't I?)
    $applicationId isn't available because no appplications exist in the new group
    $groupId is the ID for the new group

I think you then talk about setting up a group somewhere with all the defaults we'd want on a new group.. but how do I take that as the input, and apply the permissions to the new group.

If you've got an example automation or any code it'd be extremely useful. I can post the full solution when we've got this figured out, as I think other people will find this useful too.

Children