How do I change the default set of Group permissions for Owners, Managers and Members

How do I have SYSTEM WIDE change the permission schema for Owners, Manager and Member?

I know there is an override to the default possible but it is a tedious operation having to do this for every permission setting

The use case is: I have a community where owners permissions need to be reduced to manager role.

Though your reaction is: Why do you not assign manager role to them? The system also has other hard wires to the owner role that are needed for this owner- role.

I just need to take away on system level owner permissions instead of having to deselect it every time I create one of hundreds of groups.

Parents Reply Children
  • Can you confirm the blog is registered in the core Application table?

EXEC te_Content_Application_Get '2b8591eb-5285-4281-a7fe-a7eb24d57d88'

If not, can you provide the steps you took when creating this blog? Was it all through API or did you create it in the UI? Any differences from how you created the other apps?

• That query returned no result.

I'd created the blog by hand using the admin panel.. Manage Group > Applications > Add Application.

I've just tried disabling/enabling that blog applications, and edited the permissions, but the SQL still returns no result.

• Ok, I'm able to reproduce this behavior now. I'm logging a bug. The issue lies with the timing of creating the blog and then listing permissions. If no core service operation has occurred, then listing permissions can erroneously return an empty list, even though the permissions exist and have been created successfully.

As mentioned, any core service operation will populate the necessary record in the core Applications table. Search Indexing will do it, Activity Story creation (e.g. if a blog post is created that generates an activity story), and many other operations related to content like tags, views, etc. As I mentioned, these permissions do exist and will be properly checked, but they are not returned when listing via the API due to this timing issue.

TE-17187

Thanks for your patience and persistence tracking this one down.

• Thanks for working through this one with me Slight smile You're right.. as soon as I create a blog post, the permissions appear in the API call. Great.. I can work with this now. Thanks again!