Notification about comments on blogs where the user is subscribed to the application?

On the Blog application, it seems like there are two options for notifications:

• Blog Post - Raises notifications to users when a blog post is made in a blog to which they are subscribed.
  • Blog Post Comment - Raises notifications to users when a comment is made on a blog post to which you are subscribed.

From a user experience standpoint, they'll get notified when a new post is added to a blog (application) they're subscribed to, or comments are added to individual blogs if they opt-in individually to each post.

However, if a user wants to get notified of ALL comments on ALL posts, they would have to look at each post and individually "Turn Comment Notifications On." Is this a correct understanding? Are there any configuration options I'm not thinking of? 

I feel like I'm going to have to create an idea to turn on comment notifications blog-wide, but I wanted to see if there were any other thoughts out here first. Thanks! 

Parents
  • I was just looking deeper into this today when ironically this post came in.  I have a quick related question.  Inside a Blog I see this option if I am not logged in.

It allows you to enter any email address, so you don't have to be a registered member.  If you are logged in this is replaced with turn Blog notifications on.  How do non-registered users unsubscribe later? If you enter an email address to subscribe that is not associated to a member, and then they later register, is this converted to having Blog notifications on for their account or is there a seperate subscription entry for just their email address that they would have to unsubscribe from?

• How do non-registered users unsubscribe later?

In the email that is sent, the unsubscribe link in the footer (present by default) allows the user (authenticated or not) to unsubscribe.

is this converted to having Blog notifications on for their account or is there a seperate subscription entry for just their email address that they would have to unsubscribe from?

It does not appear that the subscription is migrated if the user creates an account with the same email address, though, they could still unsubscribe via the link in the email (if they receive multiple).

• In the email that is sent, the unsubscribe link in the footer (present by default) allows the user (authenticated or not) to unsubscribe.

Most users won't save the initial email after getting setup.  If users sign up with just their email address, after they delete the initial email that has the unsubscribe link, is there any other way for them to unsubscribe?  

• Yes, every email sent will have an unsubscribe link in the footer. It's not only included in the first email.

Reply Children
No Data