If a user gets expunged due to abuse, what info gets expunged?

Former Member
Former Member

If a user gets expunged because they fail to appeal within the allotted time frame, what happens to their info? Does their content stay and it just appears as posted by "former member"? Or does all of their content get expunged, too, so it's like they were never a part of the community at all?

Parents
  • It depends on the configuration of the abuse process. In Administration > Moderation > Moderation Options, there is a set of options under "Member Account Protection":

• Account Age Expunge Threshold -- if the account is older than this number of days, the account will be disapproved instead of being deleted.
    • Posts Expunge Threshold -- if the account has more than this number of posts, the account will be disapproved instead of being deleted.

If neither of those criteria are met, the account along with all of its content will be deleted.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Ben Tiedt

Thanks, but I need a few more specifics so 2 follow ups. (This is for our legal team, so that's why I'm drilling down on this)

1. What does disapproved mean? I've read this resource but it doesn't tell me what happens to the user information when a member is disapproved? What DISPLAYS? Their name? Their former posts? How is it rendered? 

2. When an account is expunged, just need to confirm (again, for our legal team), what gets expunged? EVERYTHING? So from a GDPR perspective, everything is gone?

Thank you!!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Ben Tiedt

Thanks, but I need a few more specifics so 2 follow ups. (This is for our legal team, so that's why I'm drilling down on this)

1. What does disapproved mean? I've read this resource but it doesn't tell me what happens to the user information when a member is disapproved? What DISPLAYS? Their name? Their former posts? How is it rendered? 

2. When an account is expunged, just need to confirm (again, for our legal team), what gets expunged? EVERYTHING? So from a GDPR perspective, everything is gone?

Thank you!!

Children
  • What does disapproved mean? I've read this resource but it doesn't tell me what happens to the user information when a member is disapproved? What DISPLAYS? Their name? Their former posts? How is it rendered? 

A disapproved user's content and account remains on the site, however, the user cannot log in.

The user's account and all of their content (including friendships, bookmarks, posts, likes, etc). Everything related to the user is gone.