Sharing Blog Content in Multiple Groups?

In order to avoid duplicating content in multiple groups/applications, we are wondering if there is a way to either:

1) mirror content from an internal blog (I see there is a way to mirror content in a blog from an external RSS feed)

2) share the same content in multiple groups

OR

3) move content from one group to another

Thanks for any help on this!

P.S. I am also wondering if there is a way to change the original author of a bog post? I have tried a couple different things and assume the answer is no!

Cc:

Parents
  • Great questions! Will break this down a bit with some options for you that I think of off the top of my head. May help to look at the specific setup you're going for but...

1 & 2) - You'll notice on this page https://community.telligent.com/blog/ we have a few different Blog containers/applications (Announcements, Developers, Why Go Social, etc) that pull content from those onto this main blog page here. That is just a widget and we specified which blogs to pull from, so you could have a Blog Post - List widget to pull in Blogs from other areas, IF you want all the blogs to be displayed of course. Users would need access to the originating blog. 

3) Since we're talking blogs in this instance, I'll give you some directions for this, but can also move other content types as well.

When you're on the blog you want to move, click on the pencil icon (Admin) > Click Manage Blog > Click Posts > Click on the post you want to move and a few options will "drop down" as seen in the screenshot below

Click Move > Then specify which group you want to move it to, and if you have multiple blog containers in that group, which blog you want it to move to as seen in screenshot below. In this example I chose to move the blog post to the "Strategy" Group and the "Think Tank" blog in that group.

For your P.S. - Yes, you can change the Blog Author (let me know if you tried this and it didn't work for you). When on the blog post itself > Click the "Edit" link (highlghted in screenshot) this will take you to the normal blog post edit screen.

Two options are at the top "Write" and "Options" > Click Options and you should see "Author" at the top. Type the name you want to change it to, then click "Post" again. This won't send out any new notifications.

More information on all this can be found here: https://community.telligent.com/community/11/w/user-documentation/67202/how-do-i-write-a-blog-post-for-another-member

Note: You will need to specify blog authors for the blog for the list to populate, this is a one-time need per author. To do this: 

1. Navigate to the blog, Click the Pencil > Manage Blog > Blog Options
    2. In the Authors field, start typing the name of one author until the system finds it and select the author to add.
    3. Click Save

I hope this helps, but fire away with any questions!

• Great questions! Will break this down a bit with some options for you that I think of off the top of my head. May help to look at the specific setup you're going for but...

1 & 2) - You'll notice on this page https://community.telligent.com/blog/ we have a few different Blog containers/applications (Announcements, Developers, Why Go Social, etc) that pull content from those onto this main blog page here. That is just a widget and we specified which blogs to pull from, so you could have a Blog Post - List widget to pull in Blogs from other areas, IF you want all the blogs to be displayed of course. Users would need access to the originating blog. 

3) Since we're talking blogs in this instance, I'll give you some directions for this, but can also move other content types as well.

When you're on the blog you want to move, click on the pencil icon (Admin) > Click Manage Blog > Click Posts > Click on the post you want to move and a few options will "drop down" as seen in the screenshot below

Click Move > Then specify which group you want to move it to, and if you have multiple blog containers in that group, which blog you want it to move to as seen in screenshot below. In this example I chose to move the blog post to the "Strategy" Group and the "Think Tank" blog in that group.

For your P.S. - Yes, you can change the Blog Author (let me know if you tried this and it didn't work for you). When on the blog post itself > Click the "Edit" link (highlghted in screenshot) this will take you to the normal blog post edit screen.

Two options are at the top "Write" and "Options" > Click Options and you should see "Author" at the top. Type the name you want to change it to, then click "Post" again. This won't send out any new notifications.

More information on all this can be found here: https://community.telligent.com/community/11/w/user-documentation/67202/how-do-i-write-a-blog-post-for-another-member

Note: You will need to specify blog authors for the blog for the list to populate, this is a one-time need per author. To do this: 

1. Navigate to the blog, Click the Pencil > Manage Blog > Blog Options
    2. In the Authors field, start typing the name of one author until the system finds it and select the author to add.
    3. Click Save

I hope this helps, but fire away with any questions!

Children