Generic Content widget tables are creating a bottom border?

I am using a simple two-column table in one of my Generic Content widgets, and for the life of me cannot figure out why it is creating a bottom border (or possibly a <hr> html element) between the widget and the widget below it. 

I set the widget's format to "No Border No Spacing", which should prevent this.  In fact I've tried every format and the line still persists.  I've set the table properties inside the widget to no borders...also the properties of the cell and rows as well.  Still doesn't eliminate it.  Note that the widget below it is also a Generic widget containing a PNG image, and it is also set to No Border No Spacing.  The PNG itself also does not have a line at the top. (plus I've moved things around and proved that the line belongs to the widget with the table)

Here's a screenshot:

Any thoughts?

Parents
  •    - I looked at Lisa's link, that line is defined in the screen.less file:

.modal-content .content>.content table th,.content-fragment .content>.content table th,.popup-list .content>.content table th,.modal-content .content>.content table td,.content-fragment .content>.content table td,.popup-list .content>.content table td {
    word-wrap: normal;
    line-height: 1.5em;
    padding: 13.333333333px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #b0b0b0
    }

It can be overwritten from the theme level (with an override to the code), on the page level (with an Unfiltered HTML widget), or on the cell level (Cell Properties) by changing that to 0px on each cell in the table. 

Those lines were not added by me and can't see how to remove them in the html source code when editing? 

I can go into more detail on this part if you need from the Source Code, but here's an example: 

cell with the border cell without the border

and here's the code:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>cell with the border</td>
    <td style="border: #fff solid 0px;">cell without the border</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• Sorry Alex I should have been clearer, what I meant is that there is nothing in the html source code when editing the article that is telling me there is a border there. I know my way around HTML... Grin 

As you can see in the image above, there is no indication in the html source code when editing the article that there are borders applied to the bottom row of the table. 

It doesn't make sense to add table styling into the style.less file as surely community members will want to style their own tables in their own content? 

• The styling is coming from the site, but that will be overridden with in-line styling in the Source Code HTML. Since it's not defined otherwise in the source code, it's taking the site's default styling. If you add in the styling manually (inline, unfortunately, is the easiest option), that Source Code version will be the primary styling for the article. Like  said above,

This feels very much like a hack, but at least it worked.

I agree with you -- that's how I'd expect it to work, but the expectation doesn't fit with reality in this situation. You can also make a change, like  mentioned, to make this change from an override so that the default then becomes no border, and the author can add a border they want. 

• The styling is coming from the site, but that will be overridden with in-line styling in the Source Code HTML. Since it's not defined otherwise in the source code, it's taking the site's default styling. If you add in the styling manually (inline, unfortunately, is the easiest option), that Source Code version will be the primary styling for the article. Like  said above,

This feels very much like a hack, but at least it worked.

I agree with you -- that's how I'd expect it to work, but the expectation doesn't fit with reality in this situation. You can also make a change, like  mentioned, to make this change from an override so that the default then becomes no border, and the author can add a border they want. 

Children
No Data