Group contact request not sending emails to group owners

Hi everyone,

We are setting up an environment and one of the mandatory items is making it possible for group members to contact group owners via the out of the box functionality called: Group contact form.

We have enabled the group contact form in the group:

And I have created multiple contact requests:

But none of the group contact requests are sent to any group owner in email. Even though in the screenshot you see "Message Emailed", nothing is being sent.
Does anyone know if we miss something here? Just to be clear, we are looking at the Group owner contact request functionality NOT the Blog author contact request.

The reason why I bring this up is that I get the feeling both are being mixed up in the platform and the Group owner contact request journey is not properly finished like the blog author contact request, as there is no email notification created for this.

Does anyone have more insights in this?

Parents
  • Howdy  -  Unfortunately I've not personally used this feature, but I just checked the documentation and this is what I found: To review group contact requests, group owners can use the More > Contact requests link on the group homepage (This is included by default, but may require enablement within the group links widget if it has previously been disabled). This will list group contact requests. From here, you can Reply (via email) or Delete to remove the request.

I've just tested this and did not receive an email either so I will continue researching.

• Hi  ,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I saw that in the documentation too. But on that next screen with contact requests, it says "Message Emailed". Also in the group options, where you enable the contact form, the description says: "The contact form allows group visitors to send email messages to group owners." (see screenshot below)

I was not able to figure out why there's no email being sent other than the missing email notification option in the administrator.

So I think either the descriptions need to be updated to take out email message part or, in an ideal word, the email notification functionality needs to be updated Smiley

• Seems a bit odd that the onus is on the group owner to keep coming back online and checking to see if they have any messages rather than a notification or email being triggered when a group member sends them a message? 

Similar to when, if someone leaves feedback on an article page, no notification would go out to the author to let them know that someone has left feedback (although I understand that has been addressed in the latest 12.1 release which we have yet to implement on our community) 

Although there's lots to the Verint software that I absolutely love and adore Heart eyes  there are some things that just don't make logical sense, this being one of them! 

• This feature is due for updating and we are aware that it is in need of improvement.  It is work we are looking at in potential future versions.

Reply Children