Moving blogs post with Attachments using Rest API

We are trying to move blogs posts to a blog in an Archive Group using Rest.  When a blog post contains an attachment, I'm finding that there is a duplicate file created in Te_attachments table and the original attachment is marked as isindexed so it still shows up in Search for the original group.  Is there a proper way to handle the attachment?

Parents Reply
  • Does UpdateTags also make a REST call? Can you share the code for that? I'm unable to reproduce this issue making the same REST request to move a blog post with an attachment. My post is quickly indexed again after move, despite the secondary issue with the duplicate Attachment record noted above.

When you say the posts show correctly in the new blog - do you mean when you click the search result you get to the new location? when you mouse over the link, is it the correct link to the new location or does it stil show the old location?

And you say other posts without attachments are being moved and marked as indexed with no issues? There are no exceptions like "There was an error indexing content" in Administration > Monitoring > Exceptions? and the Search Index Job is enabled and running at a regular schedule?

Children