Article What are publish groups

Publish groups are a set of articles that can be published as a single unit.  This allows writing new or updating live articles before, for example, a new product release or upcoming event. Publish groups can be published manually or scheduled for a specific date and time.  Articles within a publish group do not have a way to publish the versions tied to the publish group, they must be published as part of the publish group or removed from the publish group.  Articles version within a publish group can not specify their publish date, however, they can specify an unpublish date.

How do I create a publish group?

1. Navigate to the appropriate article collection.
  2. Navigate to Manage Article Collection.
  3. Click 'Publish Groups'
  4. Click 'Add'

• Name: Name of the publish group.
    • Publish Date: Date when all articles within the publish group that are ready to publish will be published.
    • Unpublish Date: Date when all published articles associated with the publish group will be unpublished.
  5. Click 'Save'.

How do I associate an article with a publish group?

1. You can either edit an existing article, or create a new article, then navigate to the 'Options' tab.

2. Populate the 'Publish Group'.  This will remove the 'Publish Date' option and change the 'Publish' button to 'Ready to Publish'  Both options will save any changes you have made.

How do I publish articles within a publish group?

Once you have your articles created and ready to publish, you can either set the 'Publish Date' on the publish group, or you can choose to publish the publish group manually.