Blog pingbacks in mod queue

Hello

On Weds (28th June) we published three blog posts in the community as part of one of our product launches. These blogs saw a decent amount of traffic, but our mod queue has also seen over 200 entries for pingbacks in 2 days since, which is hammering my inbox via notifications. We set blogs to have comments moderated because we used to get hammered by pingbacks and I am wondering if there is anything I could, or even should, be doing to prevent pingbacks from appearing in the mod queue?

Thanks

Oli

Parents Reply
  • Approval would keep the pingback and it would be available through the public API to be rendered through the UI (thought it isn't included by default).

Hi Ben,

Can you clarify this a little further? If it's approved from the Moderation queue would it show as a reply on the post, or just to blog authors & admins in the Trackbacks menu:

I usually just deny the pingbacks in the moderation queue but based on your comment here, I am wondering if it is better to approve for future metrics. 

This came up as an employee (one of our execs) reached out to me as he was receiving the moderation emails for these and wasn't sure if he should be acting on them. I ended up having him disable his moderation emails in his site settings since he doesn't need to worry about moderating the site. 

Children