Search issues in 11.x

Hi iam seeing search issues on my environment i seen same on Telligent site also, iam in wiki of 11.x and search with a key word it shows Wikis 33 

if we go for advanced search from there it shows wikis 149 .

this happens in our environments also vs 11.1.8.17149  .

It is  giving wrong results to the end user. Can you please explain me what's happening over here and how we can correct this.

Parents
  • The search results for the first image are focused on the v11 User Documentation wiki. The results in the lower image represent the results for the entire Verint Community 11.x group. If you were to click on the In Verint Community 11.x button in the first image the results would match what you are seeing below. 

• This can be easily solved by visually showing radio buttons instead of dropdown menu items. The context for the customer is not immediately clear until the customer starts narrowing down the filters again.

Since the filters are not immediately visible, the customer gets confused because the quick search result is in a different context than the regular search. The problem is not the technology. It works as advertised and I agree that the contex should change. The customer just needs a better search interaction. 

Something like: Searching the whole group. Change your filters to refine or broaden your search.

• This can be easily solved by visually showing radio buttons instead of dropdown menu items. The context for the customer is not immediately clear until the customer starts narrowing down the filters again.

Since the filters are not immediately visible, the customer gets confused because the quick search result is in a different context than the regular search. The problem is not the technology. It works as advertised and I agree that the contex should change. The customer just needs a better search interaction. 

Something like: Searching the whole group. Change your filters to refine or broaden your search.

Children