How to edit the Access Denied message?

Does anyone know how to edit this message?:

Access Denied
You do not have permissions to perform the requested action.

I wanted to add some additional actions for the user on how to get help when hitting this message. The page I'm getting to on testing is when trying to access a group that the user doesn't have permissions for, but the URL does not change to a custom page (so I can't access it via the Theme editor) and I don't see anything through the Core Message widget in Widget Studio, or anywhere else in the Administration menu that I can think of to modify this text. Core messages is the only thing I can think of that makes sense, especially when inspecting the page, but I can't find any options:

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • This Message is handled by widget "core-messages" , you need to handle this by a condition for message-id = 31 

• Thanks  !

I was able to edit the message by editing the Core - Message widget in Widget Studio, adding a new Resource (AccessDenied_Message) and updating the Content to include:

#elseif ($message.Id == 31)
    	<h2>$message.Name</h2>
    	<p>
    		$core_v2_language.FormatString($core_v2_language.GetResource("AccessDenied_Message"))
    	</p>

Seems to work great, thanks again! 

• In Version 11, these resources are found in the language pack and are not currently editable in the UI.  The resources used by the core-messages widget are found under web\languages\en-us\messages.xml.  Edit there resouce for message id 31 will also update the UI.

This will be updated for Version 12.1.  Exceptions and messages that are displayed to the end users through the messages page will have resources that are editable in the administration panel.  Additionally, these will be defined by plugins, so custom messages and exception types can be added more easily.

• This will be updated for Version 12.1.  Exceptions and messages that are displayed to the end users through the messages page will have resources that are editable in the administration panel.  Additionally, these will be defined by plugins, so custom messages and exception types can be added more easily.

That's great news Slight smile

web\languages\en-us\messages.xml

Can this list be viewed in any way as a cloud customer on 11? I was curious how you and Satish both knew that it's message ID 31 (short of trying "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=1", "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=2", "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=3", etc). Making the change I mentioned above worked well enough, but without Satish saying #31, I wouldn't have been able to figure that out.

• I had to do this again today for another error message. I'm still working on my upgrade off 11.x, but it'll be some time before this is complete. I ended up cataloging all of them to make this easier in the future for myself, but I figured I'd share it here in case anyone else needs it (  Not sure if you want to add this to the Verint Community 11.x User Documentation ?)

Msg ID Header Body

Access Denied: Not Administrator You must be an administrator to complete the requested action.
    2 Access Denied: Edit Permission Denied You must have permission to edit to complete the requested action.
    3 Access Denied: Not Moderator You must be a moderator to complete the requested action.
    4 Duplicate Post The content you attempted to post was determined to be a duplicate. Duplicates are not allowed.
    5 The file you requested cannot be found We are sorry, but the file you attempted to interact with has either been moved or deleted and is no longer available.
    6 Not Found Data required to complete your requested action could not be found.
    7 User Account Created Your user account has been successfully created. You will shortly receive an email containing a temporary password you can use to login.
    8 Pending Moderation The content you requested or created is pending moderation. It will be reviewed by site moderators before being made available to view.
    9 Not Found The content you requested could not be found. It may have been deleted or you may not have permission to access it. [search widget]
    10 Not Found A request to view content was received, but it did not identify the content requested.
    11 Problem Posting We apologize, but there was a problem posting your message. If you continue to experience this, please alert the administrator or moderator.
    14 Member Not Found The member you requested cannot be found. You can try searching for users here.
    15 Password Changed The password has been changed successfully.
    16 Password Change Failed An error occurred while attempting to change the password. Please try again.
    17 Invalid Credentials The username and/or password cannot be validated or your account has not yet been approved.
    18 No Unanswered Posts No unanswered posts were found.
    19 Member Does Not Accept Private Messages The member you are attempting to send a private message to has turned off private messages.
    20 Member Search Returned No Results Please change your member search criteria as no results were found.
    21 No Active Posts No active posts were found.
    22 Private Messages To Self Not Allowed You cannot send private messages to yourself.
    23 Your account is pending approval Until your account is approved, you will not be able to sign in.

Please email [site email] to request approval to sign in. Thank you.
    24 Welcome! [this has been customized for my site]
    25 Account Not Approved Until your account is approved, you will not be able to sign in.

Please email [site email] to request approval to sign in. Thank you.
    26 Account Banned You are temporarily banned from accessing this community.
    27 Unknown Login Error We apologize, but an unknown error occurred while attempting to verify your credentials. Please try again.
    28 Unable to Send Email We apologize, but an error occurred while attempting to send email.
    29 New Member Registration Disabled The administrator has disabled new account creation. Please check back later or email the administrator to see if it is possible to register.
    30 Login Disabled The administrator has disabled members from signing in. Please check back later or email the administrator to see if it is possible to login.
    31 Access Denied This has been customized for my site
    32 Access Denied You do not have permission to perform the requested action.
    33 Group Not Found The requested group cannot be found.
    34 Email template not found The requested email template cannot be found.
    35 Search Unknown Error We apologize, but an unknown error has occurred during search. Please try your search again.
    36 Access Denied You do not have permission to perform the requested action.
    37 Access Denied You do not have permission to post announcements.
    38 Permission Expired The administrator has allowed editing of content for a period of time only. The content you requested to edit is no longer editable.
    39 Post Locked This post is locked and does not allow replies.
    40 Permission Expired The administrator has allowed deleting of content for a period of time only. The content you requested to delete can no longer be deleted.
    41 Access Denied You do not have permission to perform the requested action.
    43 Theme Not Found The requested theme could not be found.
    45 No Results Found There were no results matching your search criteria.
    46 Attachment Not Allowed Your attachment was not allowed. Your post has been saved, but the attachment was not.
    47 Access Denied You do not have permission to perform the requested action.
    48 Email Sent to Member The email was sent to the member.
    49 Attachment Too Large Your attachment was too large. Your post has been saved, but the attachment was not.
    50 Attachments Disabled Attachments are not allowed. Your post has been saved, but the attachment was not.
    51 Secret Answer Changed Your old secret answer has been successfully changed. Use it whenever it is required to recover your password.
    52 Secret Answer Change Failed An error occurred while attempting to change your secret answer. Please try again.
    53 Role Not Found The role you requested cannot be found.
    54 Role Updated Role details have been updated.
    55 Role Deleted The role has been deleted.
    56 Role Operation Not Permitted You could not perform the action you requested on the target role.
    57 Not found The data you requested could not be found.
    65 Flooding Detected You appear to be flooding this community with content. Please wait to add more content.
    67 Access Denied You are not allowed to delete the item you requested to delete.
    68 No Unread Posts No posts were found that you have not read.
    69 User Password Reset You have requested that a new password be generated and sent to your email address ({0}). The email should arrive shortly.
    72 User Password Link Sent You have requested a link be sent to your email address ({0}) which will enable you to reset your password. The email should arrive shortly.
    73 User Already Logged In You are already logged in. If you were redirected here while trying to access another part of the site, please contact the administrator to request additional permissions.
    74 Deactivated Account The member you have selected to view or contact has been deactivated by the administrator.
    75 Invalid License This site does not have an adequate license to complete the requested action. Please contact the administrator.
    76 License Error An error occurred while attempting to load currently installed licenses. Please contact the administrator.
    77 Invitation is Missing or Invalid New members are allowed to be created by invitation only. The invitation you attempted to use has either already been used or has expired.
    78 Invitation Accepted You have successfully accepted the invitation to join this community.
    79 Welcome! You have successfully accepted the invitation to join this community. Your account has been created and you are now signed in.
    80 Duplicate Tag A tag with the same name already exists.
    81 Blog File Quota Exceeded The blog file storage total file size quota has been exceeded. Please try uploading a smaller file, or contact the site administrator to adjust the quota settings.
    82 File Type Not Valid This type of file is not allowed.
    83 Blog File Storage Not Allowed Blog file storage is disabled.
    84 Site File Quota Exceeded The site file storage total file size quota has been exceeded. Please try uploading a smaller file, or contact the site administrator to adjust the quota settings.
    85 File Storage Not Allowed File storage is not currently allowed on this site.
    86 User File Quota Exceeded Your file storage total file size quota has been exceeded. Please try uploading a smaller file, or contact the site administrator to adjust the quota settings.
    87 Member File Storage Not Allowed Member file storage is not currently allowed on this site.
    88 Duplicate Pages Not Allowed A page by this name exists in this wiki already. Please choose another name for this page.
    90 Forums Temporarily Disabled The administrator has temporarily disabled the forums.
    91 Groups Temporarily Disabled The administrator has temporarily disabled groups.
    92 Media Galleries Temporarily Disabled The administrator has temporarily disabled the media galleries.
    93 Blogs Temporarily Disabled The administrator has temporarily disabled the blogs.
    94 Blogs Temporarily Disabled The administrator has temporarily disabled the blogs.
    95 Default Wiki Page is Locked The default page for a wiki can not be deleted. Please edit the content to be blank instead.
    96 Maximum Upload Size Exceeded The file was uploaded that was too large. Please upload a smaller file or contact your administrator to adjust allowed file size settings.
    97 Unknown Request Error Your request could not be processed. This error can occur if:

A file was uploaded that was too large
    The request was taking too long to process
    The request was formatted improperly
    An unexpected error occurred on the server
    98 Duplicate Field Group Name The field group name must be unique.
    99 Over Licensed Settings This installation of Telligent Community is over its licensed settings so your last request could not be completed. Please contact your administrator.
    100 Over Licensed Settings This installation of Telligent Community is over its licensed settings, so your last request could not be completed. Please contact your administrator.
    101 Membership Pending Access to this group is pending the acceptance of your membership request. Please check back later.
    103 Mute Successful You will no longer receive e-mail notifications from this thread.
    104 Page Not Found The page you requested cannot be found or no longer exists. The administrator or moderator may have deleted the page.

Search…
    105 Validation Error An error occurred validating a field. Please try again.
    106 System Account The user account you are trying to use is a built-in system account. System accounts are not allowed to sign in or be removed.
    107 Filename Too Long The name of the file you attempted to upload is too long. Try a shorter name.
    108 Unable to Upload The file is unable to be uploaded at this time, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact the administrator.
    109 Background Job Error An error occurred while executing a background job. The error has been logged for the administrator to review.
    110 Account Locked Your account has been locked for exceeding the number of unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later or contact the administrator.
    111 Login Failed A connection was unable to be made with the authentication service. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact the administrator.
    112 Login Failed An error occurred while trying to validate the login. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact the administrator.
    113 Email Template Parsing Error An error occurred while trying to parse an email template.
    114 Widget Rendering Error An error occurred while trying to render a widget. Details of the issue were logged for review by the administrator.
    115 Post Comment Too Long The comment you tried to add is too long.
    116 Plugin Initialization Error An error occurred while initializing plugins. Details of the issue were logged for review by the administrator.
    117 Registration Is Unavailable This site is not accepting new member registrations at this time.
    118 Configuration Error An error was encountered with the site's configuration. Details of the issue were logged for review by the administrator.
    119 Login Failed The login request failed, please try again. If the problem persists, contact the administrator.
    120 Comments Not Supported The content you attempted to comment on does not support comments.
    121 Ratings Not Supported The content you tried to rate does not support ratings.
    123 Licensing Restriction The action you performed is not allowed with the installed license. Contact the administrator.
    125 Account Not Created The member account requested was not created.
    126 Application Authorization Not Allowed The external application doesn't have permission to perform this type of authorization.
    127 Duplicate Post The content you attempted to post was determined to be a duplicate. Duplicates are not allowed.
    129 Administrator Login DisabledP You are not allowed to login to an administrator account from your IP address.
    130 Page Not Found The requested page could not be found.
    132 Site Not Active This site is not currently active, please try again later or contact the administrator.
    133 Mailing List Already Exists The requested mailing list address is already in use.
    134 Unable To Process Email The email could not be processed.
    135 CSS Processing Error There was an error processing a stylesheet file. Details have been logged for the administrator to review.
    136 System Account Not Found A built-in system account could not be found. Contact the administrator.
    138 Embedded Content Error There was a error processing embedded content. Details have been logged for the administrator to review.
    139 LDAP Package Not Installed The requsted action could not be completed because the LDAP package is not installed.
    140 Content Under Review This content is currently pending review by moderators and is not available. Please try again later.
    141 Group Messages Disabled This group does not allow sending group messages.
    142 Webhook Delivery Failed An attempt to deliver webhook data to a remote URL failed.
    143 Rule Execution Error An error occurred while evaluating an automated rule. Details were sent to the administrator to resolve.
    144 Notification Distribution Error An error occurred while attemting to distribute a notification.
    145 System Notification Marked as Resolved You marked the notification as resolved.
    147 Site Url Misconfiguration The site url for this site has not been defined or is incorrect.
    148 Feature Not Enabled The requested feature is not currently enabled in this community.

I didn't find any after 148, but please add to this list or let me know if you're aware of anything after.

• WOW! Thanks so much for sharing  I will be sure to give you credit when this is added to our documentation.

Reply Children