How to edit the Access Denied message?

Does anyone know how to edit this message?:

Access Denied
You do not have permissions to perform the requested action.

I wanted to add some additional actions for the user on how to get help when hitting this message. The page I'm getting to on testing is when trying to access a group that the user doesn't have permissions for, but the URL does not change to a custom page (so I can't access it via the Theme editor) and I don't see anything through the Core Message widget in Widget Studio, or anywhere else in the Administration menu that I can think of to modify this text. Core messages is the only thing I can think of that makes sense, especially when inspecting the page, but I can't find any options:

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Parents Reply
  • In Version 11, these resources are found in the language pack and are not currently editable in the UI.  The resources used by the core-messages widget are found under web\languages\en-us\messages.xml.  Edit there resouce for message id 31 will also update the UI.

This will be updated for Version 12.1.  Exceptions and messages that are displayed to the end users through the messages page will have resources that are editable in the administration panel.  Additionally, these will be defined by plugins, so custom messages and exception types can be added more easily.

Children
  • This will be updated for Version 12.1.  Exceptions and messages that are displayed to the end users through the messages page will have resources that are editable in the administration panel.  Additionally, these will be defined by plugins, so custom messages and exception types can be added more easily.

That's great news Slight smile

web\languages\en-us\messages.xml

Can this list be viewed in any way as a cloud customer on 11? I was curious how you and Satish both knew that it's message ID 31 (short of trying "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=1", "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=2", "{siteURL}/msgs?MessageID=3", etc). Making the change I mentioned above worked well enough, but without Satish saying #31, I wouldn't have been able to figure that out.