HTML5 Video Transcoder Stuck on Preparing Video

It would appear that many videos on my community are stuck in queue and the administration panel shows that the only video with a status of "converting" is one from 2 years ago that's only 16MB. Is there a way to "kick" that process to either drop the video from 2 years ago or rescan the list of videos not converted that are pending?

Displayed on page:

All of the settings for the transcoder are at defaults except that I've just ticked the option to Show Basic Viewer while Queued (though that appears to show just a link rather than a viewer).

Edit: Versions are probably helpful: Community 11.1.1.9982

Add Version
[edited by: starksk at 7:27 PM (GMT 0) on Fri, Apr 16 2021]
Parents
  • When viewing the list of videos in the management panel you should be able to cancel the conversion of any that are stuck.  Viewing them again on the front end of the site with requeue them for conversion.  Do you have any exceptions that may be related to the Video Transcoder?  Did it work correctly at one point?

• It apparently has been like this for some time. The last successful conversion was about a year ago.

Interestingly, I cancelled a pending conversion and revisited the page of that video and it requeued with an upload time "in about 6 hours"

There are no exceptions related to the Video Transcoder logged prior to my enabling "Show Basic Viewer" and that exception is saying that the file type (.mov) is not supported.

Referencing some of the documentation, it appears there have been updates to the service in the various upgrades. Where can I check that we're running the correct version of the Video Transcoder service?

• It apparently has been like this for some time. The last successful conversion was about a year ago.

Interestingly, I cancelled a pending conversion and revisited the page of that video and it requeued with an upload time "in about 6 hours"

There are no exceptions related to the Video Transcoder logged prior to my enabling "Show Basic Viewer" and that exception is saying that the file type (.mov) is not supported.

Referencing some of the documentation, it appears there have been updates to the service in the various upgrades. Where can I check that we're running the correct version of the Video Transcoder service?

Children