Setting up Daily Digest email option for a joinless group

Former Member
Former Member

For our upcoming launch, we have two joinless groups that house our forums and blogs. We'd like users to be able to subscribe to applications in these groups AND have the option of setting that subscription to be a daily digest.

I have enabled daily digests using the instructions here. But when I test it out from the user side, it doesn't give me the option to select daily digest. I'm guessing that there are additional permissions settings that I need to set to make this work?

Here's what my settings page looks like:

What am I missing on this?

Parents
  • The subscription initialization will still occur in the group itself via the Group Links widget's exposure of email digest. That's where a user can select daily/weekly options. Once subscribed, the digest subscription will also show in the Settings > Subscriptions tab under Other Group Subscriptions.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Ben Tiedt

What would cause the Group Links widget to stop appearing on a Forum application page?

After getting the very helpful answer above, I installed the Group Links widget on our Forum application page, and everything was working as expected.

Then, last week, we completed our final data migration and we launched today. Today, I'm all of a sudden not seeing the Daily Digest option. Here are pics:

What would cause this, and what do I need to do to remedy it? Thanks!

• Oh that's interesting! Could you share a screenshot of the settings of the Groups - Links widget? Do you still show as the links you would like enabled being enabled?

Example:

Here is a screenshot from a test forum I use:

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Grant Pankonien

Thanks, Grant. I checked that I have enabled the Email Digest Options. See pic below.

Also, under the heading of "rebooting fixes everything", I also uninstalled the widget, published, and then reinstalled. When I did that, I noticed that the Group Links widget DID show up when I enabled other options. For example, if I enable "bookmark group" too, then that option appears. So the issue is with the Email Digest Options selection only, and not with other selections on the widget. 

Does that make sense? Is this one for Support?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Grant Pankonien

Thanks, Grant. I checked that I have enabled the Email Digest Options. See pic below.

Also, under the heading of "rebooting fixes everything", I also uninstalled the widget, published, and then reinstalled. When I did that, I noticed that the Group Links widget DID show up when I enabled other options. For example, if I enable "bookmark group" too, then that option appears. So the issue is with the Email Digest Options selection only, and not with other selections on the widget. 

Does that make sense? Is this one for Support?

Children