Is there an In-Process API call I can use to get physical path of the file which I uploaded in centralized file storage

Is there an In-Process API call I can use to get physical path of the file which I uploaded in centralized file storage ?

Parents
  • What is the purpose of needing it?  Generally physical paths should be irrelevant and you should not really need or uses a physical path as its contrary to what CFS is designed to be.

• Hi Patrick,

Actually I needed file bytes which I have uploaded in the centralized file storage,

After I uploaded a file here, I can able to get the URL and using the URL I am able to get the file file bytes with the following code.

WebClient webClient = new WebClient();
    byte[] uploadeFileBytes = webClient.DownloadData("Uploaded file URL")

But its not working when I try do this in the Initialize() method of a plugin.

I am able to get this done by giving the physical path of the file. so that I am looking for physical path of the file.

Can you please let me know If this is write or else how can I get the file bytes in the Initialize() method?

• Hi Patrick,

Actually I needed file bytes which I have uploaded in the centralized file storage,

After I uploaded a file here, I can able to get the URL and using the URL I am able to get the file file bytes with the following code.

WebClient webClient = new WebClient();
    byte[] uploadeFileBytes = webClient.DownloadData("Uploaded file URL")

But its not working when I try do this in the Initialize() method of a plugin.

I am able to get this done by giving the physical path of the file. so that I am looking for physical path of the file.

Can you please let me know If this is write or else how can I get the file bytes in the Initialize() method?

Children