Set Wiki table of contents to expanded?

Is there a way to have a Table of Contents widget automatically expanded to a new level? 

For example, when you load one of our wikis, the TOC shows as:

But I'd like to see those first two options (Quick Videos and User Adoption) expanded on initial load:

I don't see any options on the widget settings and looked through the code in Widget Studio (not a developer, but know a few things). The closest I found was on Wikis - Table of Contents > Content, I tried raising the ExpandToLevel setting from 1 to 3, but it didn't seem to help:

#else
	#set($pages = $core_v2_utility.FlattenHierarchy($core_v2_wikiToc.List($wiki.Id), 'Children', "%{ ExpandToLevel=1, HiddenProperty='HiddenInTableOfContents' }"))
#end

I feel like this should be similar to the depth of forum replies, similar to  Remove the indentation in forum replies  . 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Hi  

>> not a developer, but know a few things <<

Don't worry, you're plenty dangerous :) 

If you're changing the Widget just remember that it will affect all widgets for all your wikis. Creating one-off custom widgets to open certain levels might be costly as far as maintenance. Haven't tried it, but remember programming languages count from 0, so it may count 0,1,2, not 1,2,3. Just a hunch, but still I don't know if this is the best way to go.

Another easy way to quickly do this would be on the page that has the TOC that you want to alter is to add an HTML widget with JavaScript that will open the level that you want. You can use Chrome tools to inspect it, and use that exact element to show it using JavaScript or CSS. Again, you'd have invisible (to users) rogue HTML widgets on the page, but it could be helpful in one or two instances.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I saw this as a feature of Verint v12's new Article content type and the associated TOC widget for Article Categories.  Release Notes for Community 12 for more info. 

• Lastly, I'm pretty sure I saw this as a feature of Verint v12's new Article content type and the associated TOC widget for Article Categories.  Release Notes for Community 12 for more info. 

I'm hoping to get us upgraded sooner than later, there are a lot of new features in 12 that I want to utilize. Just need to find the time Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data