Event notifications: either too many or none at all

Former Member
Former Member

I created a test calendar event. I then turn on notifications so that I would see what they would look like. 

As a result, I received FOUR notifications within 30 minutes. Screenshots attached.

I then tried it again using a mock account that I set up with my gmail, to see if perhaps the notification onslaught was due to my admin permissions. In this case, I received ZERO notifications. Not one from my regular user account.

I'm assuming that this is a glitch and I should report to support, but I wanted to check here first. What could be causing this?

Parents
  • There is a setting for sending multiple reminders (Administration > Applications > Calendars > Options, and the default is 4 reminders (12,24,48,168 hours before the event).

The reminder task runs every 5 minutes - lining up with the delivery of your notifications

So I'm guessing what is happening is that one reminder is sent per execution of the task, but 4 reminders were queued. I'd have to do some additional testing on this scenario, and whether 4 reminders are always added, or perhaps this happens under certain constraints (e.g. the event was created a while ago, but reminders were only turned on recently).

• There is a setting for sending multiple reminders (Administration > Applications > Calendars > Options, and the default is 4 reminders (12,24,48,168 hours before the event).

The reminder task runs every 5 minutes - lining up with the delivery of your notifications

So I'm guessing what is happening is that one reminder is sent per execution of the task, but 4 reminders were queued. I'd have to do some additional testing on this scenario, and whether 4 reminders are always added, or perhaps this happens under certain constraints (e.g. the event was created a while ago, but reminders were only turned on recently).

Children