Is there a way to disable user reputation scores?

Hi,

Our Community is a support forum, where people affected by cancer come to support each other. Because of the nature of our Community, we don't necessarily want to have user scores present on the site as this has been upsetting for some of our members. They feel it 'rates' people's experiences and puts numbers/values on their input which can be distressing, and feel as though it breaks the community feel. 

I've been searching around but I can't find a way to disable the user reputation scores. I can see from the user docs that it's part of core functionality so I'm guessing it's not as simple as unticking a box, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything?

Best wishes,

Ellen

Parents
  • We're in a similar position to EllenB (not surprising, as our use case is pretty similar too). I understand why we wouldn't want to remove the concept of scores, but the ability for users to down-vote each other is proving a real sticking point, and is hated by some of our key people, as indeed is any form of "gamification" such as leader boards.

We can make changes analogous to those suggested by  , but really the answer is probably to allow only positive feedback, such as Likes. That could usefully be a standard feature, though we'll look at it anyway.

• We're in a similar position to EllenB (not surprising, as our use case is pretty similar too). I understand why we wouldn't want to remove the concept of scores, but the ability for users to down-vote each other is proving a real sticking point, and is hated by some of our key people, as indeed is any form of "gamification" such as leader boards.

We can make changes analogous to those suggested by  , but really the answer is probably to allow only positive feedback, such as Likes. That could usefully be a standard feature, though we'll look at it anyway.

Children
No Data