Retrieve and export a list of all group members?

I have a Private group in my community where access has been granted to all members of a certain SSO-defined role. The way it is configured, authenticated users with this role can view and generally interact with any content automatically.

However, these users are not automatically members of the group (by design), and therefore are not receiving subscription notifications and/or digests to be proactively be alerted of new content. 

My organization wants to get a list of current group members (people who have JOINED the group) to cross-reference against all people who should be members and reach out to the ones who haven't joined. 

The "members" page of the groups (with the Group - Members List widget) doesn't give an export option, and neither does the Admin menu > Manage Group > Members page. The closest workaround I have is to:

• run a report in Groups Summary > Interactions
  • specify the group by filter
  • filter down to "Subscribed to Applications" by unclicking all other interaction types
  • export to CSV
  • Open in Excel 
  • Filter down to unique values on the username

Is there a faster/easier way to get this information through the UI?

Parents Reply Children
  • The subscribers are not accessible directly through the UI unfortunately. There is a widget/automation API to obtain them though.

I'm attaching a sample automation below. This isn't the best way to get them as you have to update the GroupID manually in the automation but it can help you get the list in a workable format quickly if needed.

<automations>
    	<automations>
    		<automation name="Get Group Digests CSV REST" version="11.1.1.10427" description="" id="503a19402d10427f9214e74d4bfe4ba2" executeAsServiceUser="false" isSingleton="false" trigger="Http" httpAuthentication="None" lastModified="2020-07-23 16:51:01Z">
    			<executionScript language="JavaScript"><![CDATA[var response = context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.Response;
    var pageIndex = 0;

var pagedListResponse = null;

// contextId = GroupID to report against
    var contextId = 190;

var digestDetails = null;

pagedListResponse = core_v2_emailDigest.List(pageIndex, 100);

response.Body += "Context,ContextId,Frequency,UserId,Username<br />"

while (pagedListResponse.Count > 0) {

for (var i = 0; i < pagedListResponse.Count; i++) {
            if (pagedListResponse[i].ContextId == contextId) {
                var user = core_v2_user.Get({ Id: pagedListResponse[i].UserId });
                digestDetails = pagedListResponse[i].Context + "," + pagedListResponse[i].ContextId + "," + pagedListResponse[i].FrequencyInDays + "," + pagedListResponse[i].UserId + "," + user.Username
                response.Body = response.Body + digestDetails + "<br />"; 
            }
        }
        pageIndex += 1;
        pagedListResponse = core_v2_emailDigest.List(pageIndex, 100);
    }]]></executionScript>
    		</automation>
    	</automations>
    	<configuredAutomations>
    		<configuredAutomation version="11.1.1.10427" id="62ef9aed069e4fe2a8f667c3c9f31a3d" automationId="503a19402d10427f9214e74d4bfe4ba2" name="Get Digests" description="" enabled="true" lastModified="2020-05-06 21:47:37Z">
    			<properties />
    		</configuredAutomation>
    	</configuredAutomations>
    </automations>

I've also logged an idea on https://community.telligent.com/community/i/ideas_and_improvements/email-digest-list so we can get it on the docket to provide a better experience around this functionality.

• - Thank you for providing this! I'm not sure if I made a mistake, but it's only showing one result though. After downloading the package above, I:

• imported the package into Automation Studio
    • Updated "var contextId = 190;" to 35 (one of the groups I wanted to check's ID),
    • published the package
    • Ran the URL: [mysite]/api.ashx/v2/automation/503a1940-2d10-427f-9214-e74d4bfe4ba2, found on the package overview page.

I had my personal user and a test user signed up for the digest on that group, plus however many other community members, but the only response was my user. Any thoughts? 

Thanks again!