Automation rule executing 4 times for a user update :/

I'm writing my first automation rule which will trigger on a user create or update. Since I'm new to this, I've added some logging so that I can see the contents of the context_v2_automationTrigger object.

E.g.

core_v2_eventLog.Write(core_v2_utility.Describe(context_v2_automationTrigger, { Format: 'text'}), { Category: 'e14', EventId: 1, EventType: 'Information' });

This works, but when I look in the Event log it shows it ran 4 times! All I updated was the Bio field.

What am I doing wrong? :/

The automation rule config looks like this;

Parents
  • If you're updating the user via the /members/user profile tab, this is correct.  The page is built with multiple widgets that handle different sections of the user profile, so editing the profile on this page and saving, will cause the User.AfterUpdate event to fire 4 times.

• If you're updating the user via the /members/user profile tab, this is correct.  The page is built with multiple widgets that handle different sections of the user profile, so editing the profile on this page and saving, will cause the User.AfterUpdate event to fire 4 times.

Children