Automation deprecates core_v2_rule?

Post upgrade from 10.1 to 11.1, found that the previously configured rules were "upgraded" to Automations. Cool. But it appears that they weren't really upgraded in a way that makes them work... specifically core_v2_rule seems to be missing/deprecated and now I'm getting exceptions when automation are trying to run.

Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Model.JavaScriptException: Line 2, Column 0: ReferenceError: core_v2_rule is not defined
 at call(Jint.Parser.Ast.ThisExpression) @  0:1
 ---> Jint.Runtime.JavaScriptException: core_v2_rule is not defined

Is there a relatively pain free way to update this functionality?

Parents
  • This appears to be a migration error. core_v2_rule never existed. This should be referencing core_v2_role. You can correct this directly by editing the automation script and replacing references to core_v2_rule with core_v2_role. I've also logged a bug to address this in the migration mapping logic used to convert rules to automations:

    TE-15177

  • After making this change in all locations (some had been filtered which is why it appeared to not take immediate effect), I'm now getting this unknown exception:

    Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Model.JavaScriptException: Line 2, Column 0: TypeError: No public methods with the specified arguments were found.
     at Get(Jint.Parser.Ast.MemberExpression) @  11:2
     at call(Jint.Parser.Ast.ThisExpression) @  0:1

    Any thoughts on how to resolve that one?

  • Apparently there were two issues with that migration behavior, I appologize. Could you update the automations that you already manually updated to also change code:

    core_v2_role.Get(context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.RoleId)

    to

    core_v2_role.Get(context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.Id)

    Note the change from RoleId to just Id at the end of that line. 

    The bug has not yet been resolved which is why we didn't catch this already. I've updated the bug report with this required change as well.

Reply
  • Apparently there were two issues with that migration behavior, I appologize. Could you update the automations that you already manually updated to also change code:

    core_v2_role.Get(context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.RoleId)

    to

    core_v2_role.Get(context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.Id)

    Note the change from RoleId to just Id at the end of that line. 

    The bug has not yet been resolved which is why we didn't catch this already. I've updated the bug report with this required change as well.

Children
  • Thanks Ben.

    I've made the change, but won't be able to tell if it's fully resolved until I have more users create accounts (these automations are for new accounts) so I'll circle back tomorrow to mark this as the answer as well if no further exceptions are reported.