Change default search settings?

Is it possible for me to change search to always search at the site level, regardless of where I am in the community?

What I mean by this is:

• If I search on the home page of the community, it searches the entire community regardless of groups. This is what I want. The user will find content from everywhere.
  • If I search on a group, it searches just the group I'm in unless I tell it to look at the entire community. I'd prefer it always look at the entire community, unless the user swaps it to search just the group.

Can this be done?

Thanks!

Parents
  • One thing you asked for in your OP was to be able to default the search to 'Anywhere', even when in groups.. I don't think that got answered in this thread, so I went looking for how to do this. From my limited tests so far (i.e. please test this properly before saving it on Production Wink) I think you need to customise this line in Site Banner > ui.js ..

Change that from 'first' to 'last' and it'll always search 'Anywhere'.

It'd be great if this was a configuration option in the Site Banner widget.

• One thing you asked for in your OP was to be able to default the search to 'Anywhere', even when in groups.. I don't think that got answered in this thread, so I went looking for how to do this. From my limited tests so far (i.e. please test this properly before saving it on Production Wink) I think you need to customise this line in Site Banner > ui.js ..

Change that from 'first' to 'last' and it'll always search 'Anywhere'.

It'd be great if this was a configuration option in the Site Banner widget.

Children