Is there a script API that can replicate the functionality of the /oauth/token REST API?

Hello! I am wondering if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction...

I am looking to add (inside a scripted API) the ability to get and return a token for a given username (the same as you could do with a call to /api.ashx/v2/oauth/token with the 'username' query parameter); so far I have been unable to find such a script API to use.

Thanks! :) Jez

Parents
  • /oauth/token endpoints are meant to create a token that would authorize the REST (External request).

There is no such api in the script apis. Since all thescript api would run as Anonymous or an authenticated user . If you can eloborate  you reqirements in doing so , i am happy to assist you in an appropriate path.

• Ahh ok. We are looking to have a scripted API that acts similarly as the token REST endpoint but is able to return a bearer access token based on a users email instead of the username. We used to use the REST API for this and passed the username, but we don't know the user's verint username - only the users email (which matches from our application's external authentication) . So far our resolution is to create a scripted API to return the username based on a users email and then make the REST request for a token with that returned username - which is ok, but would be nicer if we could consolidate into a single API call using just a scripted API. 

The context of this is the building of a custom (seperate) frontend with external/custom authentication and then talking to our verint community platform in a REST/Scripted API fashion on behalf of the user.

• Ahh ok. We are looking to have a scripted API that acts similarly as the token REST endpoint but is able to return a bearer access token based on a users email instead of the username. We used to use the REST API for this and passed the username, but we don't know the user's verint username - only the users email (which matches from our application's external authentication) . So far our resolution is to create a scripted API to return the username based on a users email and then make the REST request for a token with that returned username - which is ok, but would be nicer if we could consolidate into a single API call using just a scripted API. 

The context of this is the building of a custom (seperate) frontend with external/custom authentication and then talking to our verint community platform in a REST/Scripted API fashion on behalf of the user.

Children
No Data