Is anyone experiencing the issue, where the email link provided in the communication from a thread response does not work correctly?

On our community when a user responds to a thread, an email communication is sent (pretty standard).

However, since a recent update, the URL which is included in the email communication does not always take the user back to the thread, but provides a 'NOT Found' error.

An example of the url is below:

By removing the last number 801744, from the url brings the user to the whole thread and not only the response.

Parents
  • Hey  ,

I would expect this to happen if the response in the thread has been sent to the abuse queue which effectively removes it from visibility on the site. Have you checked if that's the case?

Have you also looked at the e-mail template for forum replies, if you want to link the person to the thread rather than the reply, then there may be a different token to embed in the e-mail. Though from personal experience I would advise against linking to the general thread rather than the exact reply, depending on the wording in the template users would expect to be linked to the reply that they're notified about.

• Hey  ,

I would expect this to happen if the response in the thread has been sent to the abuse queue which effectively removes it from visibility on the site. Have you checked if that's the case?

Have you also looked at the e-mail template for forum replies, if you want to link the person to the thread rather than the reply, then there may be a different token to embed in the e-mail. Though from personal experience I would advise against linking to the general thread rather than the exact reply, depending on the wording in the template users would expect to be linked to the reply that they're notified about.

Children