Can you bulk delete user accounts?

We're currently doing some data cleansing of members of our community and looking to remove any accounts that haven't been logged into for a few years. 

However, when I have my list of users I want to delete (and there's going to be a lot of them) am I able to run some kind of job to delete all the users in one go and assign their content (if any) to the 'former member' account profile? 

I'm not keen on having to do each one individually.... Flushed 

Parents
  • Hi  

There is not a job, but a process you can take that is just a couple of steps to accomplish this. 

If you navigate to the membership area within the administration panel: 

You can go through the users list and select as many users as you would like (there is a checkbox in the top left by their avatar) - you can even search for a filter by users and then select them. Once you have all of your users checked off - in the top area click modify x amount of members: 

You can then click delete and it will delete all users and present you with the option to reassign each member's content to former member - it will group all members content into one action so it only has to be done once: 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions! 

• Hi Sara that's great thank you but doesn't really help as I'm talking hundreds if not thousands of users at once. Slight smile

It will be far too time consuming to identify each individual in order to modify them all in one go. 

In our previous community we could upload a templated spreadsheet file containing the user info and then execute a job that would modify the users accounts for us.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not something we can do OOTB but I'm surprised if no other clients have need to remove large amounts of inactive accounts? How do they do it? 

• Hi Sara that's great thank you but doesn't really help as I'm talking hundreds if not thousands of users at once. Slight smile

It will be far too time consuming to identify each individual in order to modify them all in one go. 

In our previous community we could upload a templated spreadsheet file containing the user info and then execute a job that would modify the users accounts for us.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not something we can do OOTB but I'm surprised if no other clients have need to remove large amounts of inactive accounts? How do they do it? 

Children