Is there a setting/permission for the default moderator role to allow direct messaging to a user in the moderation queue?

Users in the default Moderators role cannot direct message users whose content is in the moderation queue.  Is there a setting that will allow the role to direct message those users in this case as the moderator may need to let them know why their content was flagged and the only way they can do that now is by 'friending' them.

Parents Reply
  • Thanks  

In looking at the permissions I see these 2 that could be what you are referring to:

Which one are you referring to specifically?  (I know I asked this question in the v12 forum even as we are in the process of upgrading from v11 to the latest v12 in the next few weeks so hopefully these permissions are the same on v11.)

I tried ticking the manage membership box but that did not give a test account with the moderator role the option to message a user.  Please let me know if I am missing something or if this is different in v11 vs v12.

Thanks!

Children