Can you hide the tags in the Blog management area from certain roles?

I've noticed that any community member that has access to publish in a blog (via virtue of a role) can view, edit and delete any of the tags that are used in any of the posts via the tags option in the Blog management area! This means that they can delete tags that have been added to other users posts! 

Should that be allowed? How can we prevent users from deleting the tags that other users have added to their content? 

I have tested it and yes one of my test users was able to remove a tag that I, as my separate admin account, had added to one of my own posts in the blog that we both contribute to. 

• I feel like this is closely tied to  UI/UX: Prevent Users from seeing Other User's Blog Drafts. Giving access to create a blog post gives a lot more "power" than expected, especially compared to other Applications in the community. It makes me very cautious about how and where to use the Blog application around my site and who gets access in general. I'd love to open it up to more community members (or employees, or partners), but I don't like the idea of that having nearly admin-level access on that specific Blog for whatever subset of users have that access. 

To more directly answer to your question:

Should that be allowed? How can we prevent users from deleting the tags that other users have added to their content?

My opinion is that this is working as designed, but I think it's a design that could use significant improvement. 

• I feel I need to clarify the meaning of one of my questions Slight smile.

Where I say 'How can we prevent users from deleting the tags that other users have added to their content?' what I mean is how can we prevent users from deleting tags on content that was not authored by themselves.