Job Server Issues?

Does any one else have to restart their Job Servers frequently? Or can't use Socket Message Bus vs Data Message Bus? 

We are unable to run the Socket Message Bus successfully without the Jobs getting hung up almost hourly. Running the Data Message Bus instead has solved this issue, but as I understand it, this can cause server slow downs in the long run. 

Am I the only who has Job Server issues and needing frequent rebooting in this case? 

Parents
  • Since the element14 Community started on Azure, we have had to regularly restart jobs on the job server almost every day, sometimes now it's every 2 days, else it's every weekend.

I don't have development/admin setup access to know what kind of message bus we're using beyond using Microsoft Azure Message Bus.

We're fortunate that (when we have server admins available) we can ask them to restart it, but we have had to setup monitoring automations or tasks that automatically flag there's a problem and then restart the servers/tasks.

Even then it doesn't catch everything.

For Microsoft Azure I thought it may be related to 'batch interval' and 'prefetch count' as Verint doesn't advise on optimal values for these in the setup documentation, but if you read into Microsoft's documentation they mention having to change them depending on the scale of your setup of listeners and such (I believe we have 3 web nodes and one job server, that sounds like something scaled up to me). The values recommended from contacting support seem to relate to having one server, but I admit I'm not entirely certain on values or on this as it's not my day job but appears to be a recommendation oversight.

I'd wonder what other's server setups/configurations are and if they're running on Azure or setup otherwise, more details may help present if it's a platform agnostic problem or if it is a problem of scale of server infrastructure or configuration, or sheer amount of content. The element14 Community has some 10+years of blog posts, wiki articles, forum posts, etc. We have tens of thousands of articles of content.

But ultimately, yes we have same/similar issues, and it's hurting our userbase.

• Though I just realised this is posted in the v12 'ask the community' and we're on v11.

• Hi Christopher, 

No worries. I was having Job Server issues on 11 as well.

• And now we've upgraded to v12 we've still got issues with the job server.

Reply Children