Is there an option for the TinyMCE editor that will retain long URLs and not truncate or shorten them?

When users have long URLs that they post in our community the system or TinyMCE editor shortens or truncates that URL so the display does not show the complete URL while it is retained in the link in the content.  Is there a setting either in the community settings or the TinyMCE settings to keep the full URL in both the display as well as the link for any URLs in the content?

There is some information about URL handling on the Tiny site but it is not clear if any of these settings affect this behavior:

www.tiny.cloud/.../

Parents
  • The content editor will auto-link, but, this truncation behavior occurs when the content editor misses linking the URL and the URL is detected/linked by the Forum application (and a few other places in Community will also do this) at save-time.

Unfortunately, the save-time auto-linking behavior is not able to be disabled currently. A work-around is to ensure that URLs are linked prior to saving either via the content editor's auto-linking behavior (which doesn't truncate) or by explicitly linking URLs using the content editor prior to saving.

• Thanks Ben.  As we have not heard much about this from our users I think they have either gotten used to the platform/editor doing it the way it does or figured out the method you describe.  We will need to decide to either educate our users or let them continue adding links however they are doing it now but I believe those so inclined have figured out how to link URLs properly using your tip.

Thanks again, Chris

• Thanks Ben.  As we have not heard much about this from our users I think they have either gotten used to the platform/editor doing it the way it does or figured out the method you describe.  We will need to decide to either educate our users or let them continue adding links however they are doing it now but I believe those so inclined have figured out how to link URLs properly using your tip.

Thanks again, Chris

Children
No Data