Unpublish Date for articles

When I create an article and set an unpublish date for that article, is there a notification that can be sent out, say 5 to 10 days before the unpublish date, alerting users to the fact that the article is set to be unpublished?  If not, are there any reports that show the articles and their set unpublished dates?

Also, is there a way to set a default so that all new articles have an unpublish date set for a year from the date of creation?

• When I create an article and set an unpublish date for that article, is there a notification that can be sent out, say 5 to 10 days before the unpublish date, alerting users to the fact that the article is set to be unpublished?  If not, are there any reports that show the articles and their set unpublished dates?

There are not, but this is a great use case for a custom automation in Automation Studio. Essentially, an automation could be written to run daily and look for non-published articles within an automation-configured window and send notifications regarding them.

Also, is there a way to set a default so that all new articles have an unpublish date set for a year from the date of creation?

At this time, I don't believe so. But I'd recommend logging this in Ideas and Improvements. As a workaround, you could write another automation to address this. Unlike the former, this automation would handle the Article.BeforeUpdate Automation Event and adjust the PublishEndDate value. It would need to compare the pre and post values of the update to ensure it's not responding to an update that is actually transitioning the automation from not published to published.