Quick Post displays a form for creating a Status Message and to post other content types for the site or current group.
Quick Post requires Search and Messages must be Enabled for it to be able to work.
This widget works on just about any page on the site. However, it is context-sensitive. For example, if you place it on an application post page or application home page, it will only post to that application. If you place it on a group home page, it will display tabs for all applications available in the group (but not its subgroups) and will prompt you for applications in the group. If you place it on the site Home Page, it will display tabs for all applications available on the site, including groups and subgroups, and will prompt you to choose from the available choices.
- Click Pencil Icon > Manage [Site/Group] Theme > Edit this Page
- Select and place the Quick Post widget on the page
- Click on in the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can change the title of this widget by replacing the text in the Widget Title box.
- The Status Message Prompt field allows you to present the user with a different prompt message.
- Group Selection - Select the option desired:
- Targetable - Allows member to select a group. Options will include the Parent of the current group, and all of its subgroups
- Current - Limits posting to only the current group
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Publish when complete.
Quick Post Status Messages and posts to applications will appear in the Activity Stream as well as the application when one selected.