Disable - Accounts going into Moderated state

We are revamping how we handle and report moderated items in our community. During this audit, we have noticed that there are a not insignificant number of users who are getting into a moderated state as we have items in the queue that are "Moderate Content by Moderated Users". However, when I Administer these users, I am seeing they are set to Not Moderated.

I have two questions as a result of this. 

• Which one of these messages is displaying in error? 
    • To me, either they should show as Moderated in their account, or their posts should not end up in the Awaiting Review section of the moderation queue. 
  • Is it possible to disable all automations that would put a user into a Moderated state? 
    • For our community, we would like to not use the Moderated state as we are going to treat posting permissions as binary. You have them or you do not. Our volume is too high to have a subset of users who need each post approved. 
  • Which one of these messages is displaying in error? 
    • To me, either they should show as Moderated in their account, or their posts should not end up in the Awaiting Review section of the moderation queue. 

These members could be entered into the moderation queue based on a variety of criteria - not so much an error that they are being moderated - but some settings may need to be adjusted. I would confirm what is enabled/ configured within these areas in the administration panel 

Abuse Automations have a bunch of automation rules that will automatically flag a user based on some specific criteria. 

Same with the moderation options tab, I would review to see what limits/ criteria is in place. 

Is it possible to disable all automations that would put a user into a Moderated state? 
    • For our community, we would like to not use the Moderated state as we are going to treat posting permissions as binary. You have them or you do not. Our volume is too high to have a subset of users who need each post approved. 

If you would like to disbale all automations, please feel free to disable all of those abuse automations, and increase any limits for items under moderation options