Trying to upload a video

Hello

I am trying to drag and drop video file onto a Gallery application. The video is 2.69GB and MP4 format. When I try to drop the video onto the Gallery application page to load, the pop up message says 'An error occurred when uploading a file'.

I also can't add the file the video by going to New > Upload file. When I select the video to upload, nothing happens. Same thing when I try to upload the video into a blog post, nothing happens. We have no limits set on file sizes or quotas, so does anyone know if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks

Oli

Parents
  • After a long time preparing, the 1.7gb video and 487mb videos uploaded only for them to say 'the video could not be prepared'. Does anyone know what this means? The videos play fine on my machine so I have no idea what the problem is.

And I also realise that best practice should be to chop these video files up into smaller sections so they are easier to consume, but in this instance the stakeholder has given me just a full day's recording, so I am trying to find a solution for what they have given me.

• After a long time preparing, the 1.7gb video and 487mb videos uploaded only for them to say 'the video could not be prepared'. Does anyone know what this means? The videos play fine on my machine so I have no idea what the problem is.

And I also realise that best practice should be to chop these video files up into smaller sections so they are easier to consume, but in this instance the stakeholder has given me just a full day's recording, so I am trying to find a solution for what they have given me.

Children