Can you schedule a calendar event through an Outlook calendar invitation

We have a group that would like to be able to schedule events in a community group calendar through a Microsoft Outlook calendar invitation to eliminate the additional manual creation of a calendar event.. Is this functionality possible and readily available?

Parents
  • I don't believe what you're looking for is this is available for the Calander application out of the box, but maybe you could instead use a blog and the Blog-by-Email functionality (How can I write blog posts using email?)? I haven't tried this, but I wonder if attachments (such as an ICS file) would be imported into the community on the creation of the blog post so that people could download the file and add it to their calendars?

My assumption is that something could also be created via automation (an AfterCreate event on the blog makes a calendar event)? 

• I don't believe what you're looking for is this is available for the Calander application out of the box, but maybe you could instead use a blog and the Blog-by-Email functionality (How can I write blog posts using email?)? I haven't tried this, but I wonder if attachments (such as an ICS file) would be imported into the community on the creation of the blog post so that people could download the file and add it to their calendars?

My assumption is that something could also be created via automation (an AfterCreate event on the blog makes a calendar event)? 

Children