Path to image isn't correct when using .less & CDN

We have a simple widget that contains a .less file for the styles.

WIDGET CONTENT

$core_v2_page.AddLink('stylesheet', $core_v2_widget.GetExecutedFileUrl('style.less'), "%{ Position = 'AfterTheme' }")

<div class="e14-ranked-locked-icon"></div>

WIDGET .LESS FILE (style.less)

.e14-ranked-locked-icon {
    width: 8px;
    height: 11px;
    float: right;
    margin-right: 8px;
    margin-top: -30px;
    background: url(/cfs-file/__key/e14core/images-icons/small_2D00_gray_2D00_padlock.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

Our platform is using the CDN setting like this;

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Overrides>
 <Override xpath="/CommunityServer/CentralizedFileStorage/fileStoreGroup[@name='default']" mode="remove" /> 
 <Override xpath="/CommunityServer/CentralizedFileStorage" mode="add" where="end">
  <fileStoreGroup name="Azure"
      default="true" 
      type="Telligent.Evolution.Azure.Filestorage.AzureBlobFilestorageProvider, Telligent.Evolution.Azure.Filestorage"
	  cdnUrl="https://mysite-storage.mydomain.com"
	  maximumSecureFileAccessDays="7"
      minimumSecureFileAccessHours="2"
      />
 </Override>    
</Overrides>

When the widget renders, the domain for the image file is getting rewritten to the -storage CDN domain, however the path to the file is then invalid so it 404s, i.e.

https://mysite-storage.mydomain.com/cfs-file/__key/e14core/images-icons/small_2D00_gray_2D00_padlock.png

If we simply put a <style> block inside the widget content, it doesn't rewrite the URL & everything works as expected.

How can we reference files from the .less which are in our CFS without them breaking like this?

Thanks,

Matt.

Parents
  • I'm not sure I understand, as those settings are producing what seems to be the expected result - you've configured Azure for your filestorage, and it's looking there for the file. What is the actual valid url for the file?

• That's right.. Azure is used for filestorage, so the 'cfs-file' part of the URL doesn't match any 'container' in the storage account.. the container is called 'e14core' (the name of our custom CFS).

The correct URL would be;

https://mysite-storage.mydomain.com/e14core/images/icons/small-gray-padlock.png

So this goes to the correct container, and un-encodes the _2D00_ back to a dash like the file has on disk, and also has the correct sub-path (images/icons).

• After further investigation, what I initially suggested is not possible. I've removed that reply. 

Community does not support CDNs in any released version. The current implementation of Azure CDN support does not work with stylesheets. The workaround is to disable CDN for file stores that contain stylesheets.

Our upcoming version 12.1 adds CDN support, and what you are attempting would be possible there. I've also logged a bug to investigate possible resolutions of the issue in the current implementation of Azure CDN.

TE-17105: [Azure] CDN Url implementation does not work for files that reference other files (like stylesheets)

Declined as "Working As Designed":

Files should be embedded in specific widgets and referenced using  -evo-widgetfile-url LESS function.

• After further investigation, what I initially suggested is not possible. I've removed that reply. 

Community does not support CDNs in any released version. The current implementation of Azure CDN support does not work with stylesheets. The workaround is to disable CDN for file stores that contain stylesheets.

Our upcoming version 12.1 adds CDN support, and what you are attempting would be possible there. I've also logged a bug to investigate possible resolutions of the issue in the current implementation of Azure CDN.

TE-17105: [Azure] CDN Url implementation does not work for files that reference other files (like stylesheets)

Declined as "Working As Designed":

Files should be embedded in specific widgets and referenced using  -evo-widgetfile-url LESS function.

Children