Anyone Added "Back to Top" on Large Threaded Messages

We've got a few threads that seem to go on and on (which is good for conversation, but difficult for navigation).  Has anyone implemented a "back to top" hover button or the like for navigation on long threads?

This is especially apparent if you have expanded multiple threaded messages (using "View More").  I'm interested to know if anyone has implemented something similar.  Thanks very much!

Parents
  • This thread got me thinking about how nice that functionality would be to have so I wrote a widget based around how the Group Banner's New button renders with some JavaScript to do the scrolling function. I am by no means a professional programmer so what took me about 4 hours of hunt and peck for the bits I needed could probably be done by someone else in less than an hour.

Since we're going to update to v12 soon, I wrote it in v12 and then back-ported it into a v11 test environment. (Assuming testing goes well, I'll be deploying it as a part of our upgrade.) I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a full widget here (since they've got a marketplace for these things), but feel free to PM me if you want an "AS-IS, no warranty implied, test before deploying to production" copy of the widget.

• This is great! Completely happy to post this into our Marketplace and attribute you as the author. The goal of the Marketplace is to share as many items as anyone is willing. We push things out that we find could be useful to a broader audience, as time allows. The Marketplace is not just for Verint employees/partners, it is for anyone.

The warranty you put here, is just fine to put on the marketplace listing as well. Slight smile Can PM me and I'm happy to get you set up to share, if you'd like!

• This is great! Completely happy to post this into our Marketplace and attribute you as the author. The goal of the Marketplace is to share as many items as anyone is willing. We push things out that we find could be useful to a broader audience, as time allows. The Marketplace is not just for Verint employees/partners, it is for anyone.

The warranty you put here, is just fine to put on the marketplace listing as well. Slight smile Can PM me and I'm happy to get you set up to share, if you'd like!

Children
No Data