List Status Message REST Endpoint not working as expected

I am using the List Status Message REST Endpoint and am receiving incorrect responses to what I'd expect.

I have tried the multiple variations of the endpoint and they all seem to return incorrect results as far as I can see:

• api.ashx/v2/users/#/statuses.json 
  • api.ashx/v2/groups/#/statuses.json
    • This returns only recent Statuses. Unsure as to the cutoff point but it will return any statuses i post the past week, but none of the statuses from last month and earlier
    • However If i delete all recent statuses it will return the latest status even if from a month ago
    • Using the BeforeDate parameter does not appear to help retrieve earlier statuses
  • api.ashx/v2/statuses.json 
    • Doesn't return anything at all in any case just an empty json structure

{
    "Statuses": [],
    "Info": [],
    "Warnings": [],
    "Errors": []
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Final line not showing
[edited by: ThomasMorten at 9:46 AM (GMT 0) on Fri, Dec 4 2020]
Parents
  • Status Messages are only stored as Activity Stories, so the queries use the same logic as Activity Stories.  If no dates are provided, the query tries to locate any messages that are under 48 hours old, if none are found it extends that to 96 hours, if none are found it extends it again to 192 hours, finally to an unranged query.  If it finds any results at any point it just returns those, that is why you are seeing inconsistent results.  You will need to provide dates if you are looking for a specific range of time.

• Status Messages are only stored as Activity Stories, so the queries use the same logic as Activity Stories.  If no dates are provided, the query tries to locate any messages that are under 48 hours old, if none are found it extends that to 96 hours, if none are found it extends it again to 192 hours, finally to an unranged query.  If it finds any results at any point it just returns those, that is why you are seeing inconsistent results.  You will need to provide dates if you are looking for a specific range of time.

Children