Private Message Function

I've tried to enable Private Messaging on my community.  I've been onto Interface and Private Message User and enabled it but there is no speech bubble at the top right.  have I missed something?

Parents
  • A few things to check:

1. Ensure that Administration > Membership > Membership Options > "Enable Conversations" is set to "Yes"
    2. Ensure that in Administration > Membership > Roles, that roles that should have access to send private messages (conversations) have the "Read Conversation" permission.
    3. On user settings, check that you have "Allow private messages from" set to something other than "No one"
    4. When editing a site theme page, edit the header, and configure the "Site Banner" widget and ensure that the "Inbox" option under "User links" is enabled.
  • A few things to check:

1. Ensure that Administration > Membership > Membership Options > "Enable Conversations" is set to "Yes"
    2. Ensure that in Administration > Membership > Roles, that roles that should have access to send private messages (conversations) have the "Read Conversation" permission.
    3. On user settings, check that you have "Allow private messages from" set to something other than "No one"
    4. When editing a site theme page, edit the header, and configure the "Site Banner" widget and ensure that the "Inbox" option under "User links" is enabled.
Children