How do you control Response body output in INavigable with when response code is not a 200

If there is an error (e.g. 401, 500) in the implementation of an INavigable request handler, how do you return a non-200 response code without the platform formatting a canned response as HTML?

This is what I'm doing now:

But, it's returning a 500 error rather than a 401, and it's also returning a block of HTML.  I'd prefer an empty body, or one that I can control based on the expected content type.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Is this a custom route and is it a page, file, json/xml response?

• It's a custom REST API that implements INavigable because it needs to allow for anonymous users to call it.  But the behavior varies depending on the user's role, so in some cases I need to kick back an error.  All calls should return application/json, except one which returns text/csv.  For the text/csv, I just want to return some plain text, like "Unauthorized".  For the application/json, it would be something like { "Errors" : [ "Unauthorized" ] }.  (or whatever the error actually is).  But, if the response code should be 401, I'd like to see that rather than a 500.

• If you are not already, you should be  adding it as a Raw route, and do not use RestException.  That is meant to be used in REST which is a different infrastructure.  Really you don't need to throw an exception at all.    You should be able to do what you are doing, set the status code and end the response.

Reply Children