How do I create a new Thread with an embedded Poll using REST?

Hi all,

My question: How can I use REST to embed a new Poll into a Forum Thread?

What I know... I am very familiar with the Telligent REST API but I am new to creating Polls.  I have looked at the embed code used for polls, which seems straight-forward, and I have used GET api.ashx/v2/poll/{id}.json to fetch a poll, so I think I have a good handle on the structure.

What I have tried...

• I tried adding the poll embed code to a new Thread without ID values on the off chance that the processing would auto-generate a new poll and insert the values - it didn't (just trying to be thorough).
  • I tried using a REST call to POST /api.ashx/v2/poll.json, which fails with "Can't perform actions by ContentUrl outside of authenticated OAuth request.".  I am using an API with the REST API as OAuth doesn't fit my use case of migrating content.
    • Side note: this endpoint requires the contentUrl, which seems to imply a three step process of creating the Thread first, creating the Poll, then updating the Thread with the Poll embed code/
  • I tried using the deprecated REST call POST /api.ashx/v2/forums/{forumId}/threads/{threadId}/pollitems.json, which failed with "An unexpected error prevented your requested action from completing" (the server side error was "No matching bindings are available")

Any tips would be appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
No Data