Is the IsClosed param for telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List() broken (or is it me)?

I have a community with hundreds of ideas, but when I query with IsClosed: false I only get back 1 idea, and when I use IsClosed: true I only get back 15 (with might be correct).  That only accounts for 16 ideas out of hundreds, so my question is, shouldn't these two queries return all of them?

This issue has a direct impact on the "Ideas - List" widget which defaults to showing Ideas "With any open status"... which for most of my Groups shows no ideas.  Changing the option in the widget to "With any status" reveals all of the Ideas.

This is causing confusion for the users, and the question here is what causes an idea to not be either "closed" or "not-closed"?

For reference I created a simple HTTP automation that shows the issue...

This code sets IsClosed to true and returns 15 ideas (which is probably correct)

var apiList = telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List({
    QueryType: 'all',
    PageSize: 100,
    IsClosed: true
});
var resp = context_v2_automationTrigger.Arguments.Response;
resp.Body = "Fetched " + apiList.Count + " ideas."

This code sets IsClosed to false, and returns 1 ideas.

IsClosed: false
});

This code doesn't set IsClosed, and returns 100 ideas.

});

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Each Idea status has an IsClosed setting to identify it as either an open or closed status.  There is no 3rd option so every idea should either by in an open or closed status.

I ran the following in the script sandbox in Widget Studio

$telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', IsClosed = 'true', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', IsClosed = 'false', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'active', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount

And got the following results:

61 300 361 300

So those numbers all look good.  Note: QueryType Active is the same as QueryType All and IsClosed false, that is why 2nd and 4th numbers are the same.  There still could be an issue, but its not as straightforward as it being completely broken.

• Thanks, that is useful.

I ran those same queries and got this.

$telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', IsClosed = 'true', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', IsClosed = 'false', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'all', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount
    $telligentIdeas_v1_ideas.List("%{ QueryType = 'active', PageSize = 1 }").TotalCount

15 1 346 1

So it looks like something is wrong.

Unless you think otherwise, I think my next step is to open up a support case and refer to this thread.

Thanks.

• If you have access to your database, you might take a look at the telligent_Ideas_Ideas and telligent_Ideas_IdeasStatus tables and see if anything looks off (ideas with a CurrentStatusId that is null or a status not present in the status table).  If not, I would open a support ticket and they will likely do the same.

• I don't have access to the DB, it is hosted by Verint.  We opened up a ticket and they are taking a look.

Thanks.