Using the platform for digital display

Hi. We are reevaluating our current digital display system and one idea we had is to use our 11.x platform for digital signage pumped to wall monitors via laptops. In about five minutes I built a page with the featured content slider. Looks good but we do have site wide header and navigation bar. I cannot figure out how to remove the header contents without unlocking it at the root, which turns it off all pages. So question, is there a way to make a blank page that just has the featured content widget? Would that be a case where we would need to build a new theme just for digital display content? Thanks.

Parents
  • I'll chime in with some options I can think of.

I would use a content page for this to start. Pencil > Manage Site theme > Manage Pages. You may be doing this, but just calling out for any future folks coming across this via search.

The 'use widgets' workaround is to add the Site - Iframe embedding widget, as that widget has configuration options to hide the header and footer. Does a great job of it, but does also hide the admin pencil so if you run the page as an admin, you won't have that in your way. You just go to a different page on the site to get back to the Manage Pages section of the pencil and click on the content page and edit layout.

The other way I'm thinking is through an Unfiltered HTML widget with CSS in it to comment out the header/footer. I've had this done for me in the past and it got the job done. This does keep the pencil so you can edit it from the page itself, so if running the page as Admin, you will see it. If just running the page as a regular user, then no pencil.

Let me know what you like better, happy to jump on a call with you to get it all set up!

• Thanks Grant. Good ideas. I'll try them and let you know.  

Reply Children