Is there a way to change the author/owner of a piece of content?

From time to time, due to an employee departure or something, we may have need to change the author/owner of a piece of content.  For instance, a development roadmap for a piece of software or something like that.  Is there a way to do that either through the OOTB admin UI or through any of the available APIs?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hey , a couple options here for you depending on what you want to do or how you want to approach. I'll speak to how to do so via the admin UI and let others chime in about any APIs for other content types.

• Deleting user when leaving org - Refer to the section "Deleting a Member" on this doc: https://community.telligent.com/community/10/w/user-documentation/62137/how-do-i-administer-members
      • You can choose to just delete out the departing employee and refer their content to another user. This is obviously the heavy handed option of assigning all content elsewhere and may not be exactly what you're looking for.
    • Blogs - you can reassign blog authors after the fact!
      • Just go to the blog post itself > click edit > go to options tab and there you will find the "Author" field.
      • Note that an author does need to be set up prior to seeing their name populate in this field
        • To add a blog author: Go to the blog > Click Manage Blog > Click Blog Options > In the "Authors field," add the user > Click Save

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions about specific apps, let us know and we'll go investigate!

• That sounds good.  I just need to recommend what content types should be used for certain purposes.  We are comparing different community platforms right now and what their capabilities are.  Thank you!

Reply Children
No Data