Moving and Categorizing Ideas is Updating the Idea Date

I am moving ideas from group to another.  When I move the idea, it is displaying in the Ideas - Idea List widget with an updated date.

The date on the Ideas - Idea List widget should not be updated when an idea is moved or a category is added to the idea.  It gives a false impression that something has been changed or added to the idea.

For the first example, how do we get the 2/28 date updated to April 1st date on the idea?

[Originally Posted Here: https://community.telligent.com/community/i/ideas_and_improvements/moving-and-categorizing-ideas-is-updating-the-idea-date]

Parents Reply
  • The list widget is showing the LastUpdateDate and not the CreatedDate. It should be showing the created date (since you can sort on that date). To adjust this behavior you can change ~line 264 in the Idea - Idea widget to use $idea.CreatedDate instead of $idea.LastUpdatedDate:

<span class="attribute-value">$core_v2_language.FormatDateAndTime($idea.CreatedDate)</span>

A product change has been logged to match the behavior of showing the CreatedDate.

Its also possible to allow sorting on last updated, which I can explain to do if you would like. If that is done its ideal to also show the modified date somewhere to users so it clear why the results are in the order they are.

Children